Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Changing things up!

Yesterday I found a new workout I wanted to try from a fellow blogger and I definitely liked it! It was called the "JNL Fusion Lower Body Blast!" There is also one that is for your upper body that I'm going to try! Needless to say, my legs are dead...dead...dead

Here is the workout:
 Intervals 30 sec strength/ 30 sec cardio
Warm up do 3 rounds, 30 seconds intervals each of:
- Jumping jacks
- Run in place - arm swings/butt kicks
(I just did a light jog and some plyos instead)
3 rounds:
- Alternating forward lunges with weights 
- Ski jumps over a line - get low, keep butt out
3 rounds:
- Squats with weights on shoulders
- Tow tap side to side in a mountain climber position
3 rounds:
- Alternating around the world lunges with weights 
- Squat jumps with feet together
3 rounds:
- Plyo squat down & touch down
- Jump forwards, jump back over a line
3 rounds:
- Weighted sumo squat
- Soccer shuffles
3 rounds:
- Weighted calf raises
- Wide stance jumps with touch down
Cooldown, stretch, drink water! 


It was definitely different from any workout I've done, but I liked it. I hate doing the same things over and over again. It get's boring after a while, and I think that's when people start to hate working out. I think working out and is almost like being married..or just being in a relationship. Over time...many things start to become complacent and the same. You gotta keep things spicy and ever evolving! That way...every time you find a new workout or a new sport you want to try...you fall in love all over again!! 


I decided to do the workout outside instead of in the gym and it was definitely a hot one day! Was completely drenched by the end but felt great! :]




Yesterday I also found a recovery shake that I fell in love with compliments of http://yogaeatrun.squarespace.com! It's called the Oatmeal Peanut Butter Recovery shake!! It was delicious!  



Ingredients: 
1 cup of skim milk 
1 banana 
1/2 cup whole grain oats 
1-2 Tbls of Peanut Butt


Needless to say..it was sooo good!! I definitely recommend it! I made the portions a little smaller to start out with, just in case I didn't like it. But I did. So you should try it. You should also try the new workout if you're looking for something different. Today was definitely a good day. About to head to Bands on the Beach with some friends and relax! Hope everyone has had a great day! <3 

-KC 

No comments:

Post a Comment