Sunday, March 6, 2011

"Adoption"

A love that is like no other.
A selfless act to give up your duties as a mother.
Two women who didn't know anything about the other.
The first you cannot remember and the second you call mother.
Two different lives, shaped by one tiny soul.
One gave you life and the other made you whole.
The first brought you into this world and the second taught you how to live it.
The first one gave you a need for love and the second was there to give it.
One gave you emotions and the other calmed your fears.
One saw your first sweet smile and the other dried your tears.
A love that is pure, genuine and unconditional.
A love without question, everlasting and never one-dimentional.
One sought you a home that she could not provide.
The other prayed for a child and her question was not denied.
Throughout the years you have always wondered what may.
Longing to have an answer of what if would have been like if she didn't give you up and allowed you to stay.
You wonder why she didn't try and fight for you.
You ask yourself why she didn't try with all her might to do everything she could do.
Was it really that hard to keep me; was I really such a burdon?
I wish you would have thought before making a decision and took into consideration how much I would be
  hurtin.
I've always had this huge whole; a whole that I could never fill.
A void in my life that has been absent of happiness and thrill.
A sense of belonging that I may never find.
A part of my life that I sometimes want to forget and leave it all behind.
Mixed emotions at how I should really feel.
Thankful, yet sorrow and not knowing how to deal.


I could not have asked for a better mother in this entire world! She didn't care what race my brother and I were, nor did it matter what race she was. She had to go through discriminationa and being looked at as an outcast even before she brought us home. But she didn't care. We were HER children no matter what and she didn't let anyone tell her different. I thank God for the decision she made, because I don't know where my brother and I would be without her.

I love you mom! You're def one in a million.

-KC

No comments:

Post a Comment