Sunday, July 31, 2011

My most recent poem!

"Each and Every Day"

-My mama told me everything will be ok
-She said, "Just wait six months and the pain will start to go away
-Have faith in what I taught you
-Don't ever let anyone make you feel like a lesser you
-Hold on to my hand and let me be your strength now
-I know it take some time and I know it wont be easy
-Let out all the fear, sorrow and shed as many tears; let all your pain show
-It will all get better in time just trust that time heals all and believe in what I know

-Each and every day is a struggle to get by
-A pain I've never felt before; one my heart cannot deny
-Mama said, "Baby you can't just stay in hiding within the covers of your bed"
-You can't let this boy cripple your heart and get in your head
-You can't change the past; you can't change what's already been done
-You must get back on your feet; remain strong and one...
with who you were before
-I am all alone with pain that unbearable; one that I've never known
-Feelings that I hide from everyone; ones that can never be shown
-A feeling like I've lost a part of who I used to be
-He stole something from me; something I hope to regain and set myself free
-I'm a fraction of who I used to be
-Love came and knocked the breath out of me

-At the end of the day
-I have no one to come take my pain away
-I'll dream of you tonight
-Hoping by morning everything will miraculously be alright
-But when that sun slowly makes its way up
-I just keep my eyes wired shut
-The only thing that's between me and the world is my bedroom door
-Not making a single movement; especially not my feet hitting the floor
-I lay here under the covers with tears coming from my eyes
-Wondering how we got to the point and why we started saying goodbye
-I lay here and remember
-What happened in those days before
-Paralyzed with sadness; not wanting to do anything
-But wonder what happened to the one I used to adore
-Each and every day I try to take back a piece of me I've lost
-Picking up the pieces and putting them back together no matter what the cost
-Each and every day I try and sober up my mind
-To clear my head and ponder what he left behind
-But today...
-Today I'll brush my teeth, start my day and wash my face
-Scrubbing the pain off from yesterday's race
-And today...
-Today my mind is sober and strong
-The way it should have been from the beginning and all along


-KC 

No comments:

Post a Comment